Archive for October, 2011
I have uploaded a beta version of the PC app here:
It fixes some small issues with devices being listed twice and adds a notification when syncing with a device. In addition, the monitor window shows what IP address the application is using to listen on. This might help people with connectivity issues.
I’ve been looking into introducing the ability to sync your application data to your PC for people with rooted phones. I think that’d be a pretty cool feature to have.
While investigating that I have written a new app to allow you to share application data between devices by bumping them (using the tech from ‘Bump’). I think its pretty awesome since lots of people have multiple devices these days. You can use it to continue your games on your multiple devices very easily.
If you’re brave enough to try out the beta version you can find it here:
I have updated both the free and paid apps on the market. This fixes the remaining bigger issues people have been experiencing.
28/10 * Fixed app blocking when syncing on unknown network * Added more info when pairing (shows discovered IP address) * Added progress information while sending files
I have posted a quick setup guide for the PC app. You can read it here:
In addition, I will be updating the Android app and PC app today to include some extra diagnostic information for people having pairing issues. I’ll post it up here when they are ready!
Next update I will be adding update notifications to the PC app as well as notifications when devices are syncing. In addition I will try to provide more feedback on the Android app when transferring files so it doesn’t look like it is stuck.
Can I please ask you guys to review the app on the market if you like it because it seems only the negative ones are flowing through
Does anybody have suggestions for new features to add to the next release? I’ve been thinking of moving the iTunes playlist syncing to the application so that you can use your device to sync playlists. Would anybody find this useful?
I’ve uploaded an update to the market for the paid version of My Sync Center. This is mostly a maintenance release to fix some issues people have raised with me.
* Fixed last sync time
* Added ability to set time between automatic sync operations
* Fixed some force closes
More importantly the PC app has been updated and should fix some issues people have been having. Check it out and let me know what you think!
Edit: Free version is up!
I will be releasing an update to both the PC and Mobile applications of My Sync Center in the next day or so. It will contain the following fixes:
* Sync time not shown correctly
* Misc bug fixes
* Device name not updated after its changed
* Monitor dialog that shows current transfers in progress.
* Ability to post crash logs
* Improved layout
* Improved unicode character handling
Welcome to the ‘My Sync Center’ development blog!
I’ll be keeping this blog up to date with all the current features I’m in the process of developing.
I’ll also be keeping everybody posted on what issues I have fixed.
Thanks everybody that has purchased the full app. There are many great things I will be adding over the next few weeks so stay tuned!
I always enjoy reading your comments, feedback and suggestions. Keep them coming!