Archive for November, 2011
I’ll release a quick update over the next few days to fix the sync time setting issue. It is quite busy around this time of year so the next major update (along with the Mac and Linux apps) will have to come early next year .
I have released an update to both the PC and Android apps. The update fixes many issues with syncing certain types of files so I urge everybody to update both when they can.
In addition I have added Windows Media Player support for users of the paid application. You’l need .NET 2.0 and Windows Media Player 11 installed.
You can download it from:
The upcoming update will be pretty big. Changes include
- Proper support for non-English characters. Syncing all folders/files should work now.
- Fix for an issue which causes files not to get synced if certain folders are added.
- Windows Media Player library support (only tested on v12)
- Ability to forget paired devices
- Ability to configure iTunes library location
- Background loading of music libraries. Application starts up much quicker now.
I should be able to add Windows Media Player support for the next release. Microsoft does not make it easy to get access to the data but it is possible. I have it reading playlists and tracks at the moment. I would have never thought that iTunes support would have been much easier to add.
I’ll be releasing a quick update in the next few days to fix the issue the app not stopping after it can’t find a PC and draining the battery. It is really annoying so sorry about that! For now you can stop the syncing process by clicking the spinning green button.