Archive for category Upcoming Features
I’ll release a quick update over the next few days to fix the sync time setting issue. It is quite busy around this time of year so the next major update (along with the Mac and Linux apps) will have to come early next year .
The upcoming update will be pretty big. Changes include
- Proper support for non-English characters. Syncing all folders/files should work now.
- Fix for an issue which causes files not to get synced if certain folders are added.
- Windows Media Player library support (only tested on v12)
- Ability to forget paired devices
- Ability to configure iTunes library location
- Background loading of music libraries. Application starts up much quicker now.
I’ve been looking into introducing the ability to sync your application data to your PC for people with rooted phones. I think that’d be a pretty cool feature to have.
While investigating that I have written a new app to allow you to share application data between devices by bumping them (using the tech from ‘Bump’). I think its pretty awesome since lots of people have multiple devices these days. You can use it to continue your games on your multiple devices very easily.
If you’re brave enough to try out the beta version you can find it here:
Next update I will be adding update notifications to the PC app as well as notifications when devices are syncing. In addition I will try to provide more feedback on the Android app when transferring files so it doesn’t look like it is stuck.
Can I please ask you guys to review the app on the market if you like it because it seems only the negative ones are flowing through
Does anybody have suggestions for new features to add to the next release? I’ve been thinking of moving the iTunes playlist syncing to the application so that you can use your device to sync playlists. Would anybody find this useful?